General Definition: Sanitation Department
To collect residential refuse throughout the City using an automatic two man collection truck; and to clean, maintain and perform minor repairs on issued truck.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and functions may include the following; other related duties may be assigned.
1. Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in city and department attendance policies and procedures.
2. Drive to and from destinations as assigned by Supervisor.
3. Operate residential refuse collection vehicles throughout the City and pick up city refuse.
4. Operate hydraulic systems and controls on truck to successfully complete daily duties and tasks.
5. Deliver collection vehicles to the transfer station.
6. Complete daily duties in allotted time and in a safe manner.
7. Assigned route must be kept clean and maintained to meet Division Standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations.
Knowledge of operating techniques for various pieces of machinery.
Knowledge of basic techniques for mechanical repair.
Ability to interpret and apply federal, state and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
Ability to perform physically strenuous duties in all weather conditions including heat, cold and extremes.
Ability to operate a refuse collection vehicle.
Ability to pass a medical examination and drug test.
Ability to meet the City’s driving standards.
High School graduation or GED, three months experience performing heavy manual labor in an outside environment which may have involved collection of refuse or brush.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
A valid class B Texas motor vehicle license.
The City of Mabank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or physical disability.